Beginning in August, inform your patients that their yearly insurance benefit is about to end. You can do this several ways. You can send an End of the Year Insurance letter, have staff communicate it verbally to patients or print it on statements going out.
This message could state:
A message should print on every statement of a patient (having dental insurance) as a reminder not to waste any unused benefits.
1. "Take advantage of your yearly maximum insurance benefits."
2. "Take advantage of your remaining insurance benefits before the year ends."
3. "Take advantage of your unused insurance benefits and reduce your out-of-pocket expenses for this year."
4. "Do not waste your unused dental benefits for this calendar year."
5. "If you are past due for an examination, need a cleaning or have any treatment that has not been done or incomplete, you may want to have it done soon so you will not lose part of your insurance benefit."
As an option, you can also print the same message on a flier that can be inserted in the envelope. Some computer software will not put a message of more than a few words on your statements. In this case, a flier will work much better. You can also get creative and design one that will really get the patient's attention.
Click here to learn more