Nursing Home Dental Care is one of the largest mobile dental practices in the state of Texas and we are looking for a Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) to work 3-6 days a month at Nursing homes in Central Texas (San Antonio, San Marcus Area). Our mission is to provide superior dental health care and excellent customer service to the elderly in nursing homes.
Nursing Home Dental Care is looking for energetic RDH who is self motivated, hard-working, dependable and enjoys working with Elderly patients. Experience working with Denticon a significant plus but not essential;
If you're looking for an office that values quality care and provides this by running a small team oriented practice, than we want to hear from you!
The role of RDH is very important and an appreciated part of our team.
We are seeking a career-oriented, friendly, energetic, motivated, dependable, and organized RDH with a positive "Can-do" attitude to join our team of dental professionals. The days of work are flexible between Monday -- Saturday and the hours of operations are typically 8-5.
Summary of duties:
• Review health history each visit and perform charting on patient’s needs, presenting problem, medical and dental history, perio and tooth charting.
• Examine gums, using probes, to locate periodontal recessed gums and signs of gum disease.
• Clean calcareous deposits, accretions, and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums, using dental instruments.
• Apply fluorides and other cavity preventing agents to arrest dental decay
• Participates in practice marketing activities
• Patient / Aide /Nurse education of oral hygiene instruction and other dental related areas. They can also give you tips on the proper techniques for brushing and flossing.
• Feel and visually examine gums for sores and signs of disease
• Chart conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentist.
• Feel lymph nodes under patient’s chin to detect swelling or tenderness that could indicate presence of oral cancer.
• Communicate with family/ patient/ NH staff advising on dental care
• At least 3 years of experience as RDH
• Experience with dental charting
• MUST be customer-service oriented
Must be able to lift 40 lbs; Must be over 21 Years Old Excellent Compensation based on Experience Typical work week flexible and is Monday-Saturday 8AM to 5:00PM. The right team member will be compassionate, have a positive attitude, be thorough, and efficient. EXCELLENT Compensation based on Experience.
If you are a punctual person who shows up on-time and ready to bring health and wellness to our community, then this is the place for you. If you believe you meet the qualifications listed, we would love to meet with you. We are looking to fill full time positions. Please email your resume us at email@example.com.