Edited by Dentaltown staff
Townie News Wire: Week of July 13th, 2015
The news of the week includes Aetna, Humana, Patterson Companies, OkCopay, Elevate Oral Care, Claronav and eHuman Digital Anatomy.
1. AETNA INC. in Hartford, Connecticut agreed to purchase Humana Inc. in Louisville, Kentucky for $37 billion in cash and Aetna stock. Based upon Humana’s annual sales of $48.5 billion, this equates to a purchase price multiple of 0.8.
2. PATTERSON COMPANIES INC. in St. Paul, Minnesota has agreed to sell its medical distribution business to the private investment firm Madison Dearborn Partners LLC in Chicago, Illinois for $715.0 million in cash. This business has annual revenues of $464.2 million which equates to a purchase price multiple of 1.5. www.pattersoncompanies.com www.mdcp.com
3. OKCOPAY is a new firm in Seattle, Washington that provides consumers cost comparisons for dental procedures and other medical services. www.okcopay.com
4. ELEVATE ORAL CARE in West Palm Beach, Florida introduced Dualpro Prophy Paste & Desensitizer that employs Smartblock Desensitizing Spheres to block open tubules. www.elevateoralcare.com
5. CLARONAV in Toronto, Ontario, Canada is launching its Navident dental navigation system throughout Europe. The system, not yet available in the US, uses stereoscopic technology to assist in implant placement. www.claronav.com
6. EHUMAN DIGITAL ANATOMY in Fremont, California released version 7.6 of its 3-D Tooth Atlas that includes new 3-D models among other updated information. www.ehuman.com
Use the 'comment' button to join the discussion.