Edited by Dentaltown staff
Townie News Wire: Week of January 18th, 2016
The news of the week includes Sikka Software Corporation, the ADA, Akervall Technologies, Biolase, CEFLA Medical Solutions, Kerr Restoratives and the Oscars.
1. SIKKA SOFTWARE CORPORATION in San Jose, California formed a relationship with the American Dental Association to provide ADA members a six month free trial of the ADA Benefit Plan Analyzer. The Analyzer calculates various business scenarios using the Sikka Software Platform Cloud.
2. AKERVALL TECHNOLOGIES INC. in Saline, Michigan will begin distributing its mouthguards through 2,100 Walgreens drugstores in the US. Later in 2016, the product will be stocked by all 8,000 Walgreens stores in the US.
3. BIOLASE INC. in Irvine, California signed a multi-year development and distribution agreement with IPG Photonics Corporation’s medical laser division in Oxford, Massachusetts. The firms will jointly develop dental laser products and systems.
4. CEFLA MEDICAL SOLUTIONS NORTH AMERICA in Charlotte, North Carolina plans a US launch of the MyRay Hyperion X5 wall-mounted panoramic imaging system. The product, which was recently cleared for marketing by the FDA, was only available in Europe. www.cefladental.com
5. KERR RESTORATIVES, Orange, California-based member of the KaVo Kerr Group, launched Maxcem Elite Chroma. This self-etch/self-adhesive resin cement provides a Color Cleanup Indicator.
Use the 'comment' button to join the discussion.