Edited by Dentaltown staff
Townie News Wire: Week of March 14, 2016
The news of the week includes Dentsply, CAO Group, Hu-Friedy Manufacturing, Ultradent Products, Forward Science, and Coltene.
1. DENTSPLY INTERNATIONAL INC. and Sirona Dental Systems Inc. have completed their previously announced “merger of equals.” The new firm Dentsply Sirona Inc. now trades under Dentsply’s previous NASDAQ symbol XRAY while Sirona’s SIRO has ceased trading.
2. CAO GROUP INC. in West Jordan, Utah began marketing the ClearVue LED operatory bulbs that provide “true color” for shade matching with a 25,000 lux light pattern. To find out more about this product that comes with a five-year limited warranty.
3. HU-FRIEDY MANUFACTURING COMPANY INC. in Chicago, Illinois introduced EverEdge 2.0 hand instruments that are manufactured using a proprietary heat treatment process. The firm also noted that these instruments are 72% sharper than the nearest competitor’s product when initially used. www.hu-friedy.com
4. ULTRADENT PRODUCTS INC. in South Jordan, Utah began selling the Jiffy universal finishing system for high-strength ceramics. The product includes Ultradent’s diamond grit and has an autoclavable aluminum block. www.ultradent.com
5. FORWARD SCIENCE in Stafford, Texas began marketing SalivaMAX prescription artificial saliva product. SalivaMAX is comprised of powdered ingredients that, when mixed with 1 oz of water, forms a supersaturated calcium phosphate solution, which has been clinically proven to provide relief of dry mouth symptoms.
6. COLTENE in Ohio extended its endodontic product line with the introduction of HyFlex EDM, a one-file endodontic system. The product has “700% greater fracture resistance than regular Niti files” and is manufactured using a new technology called electrical discharge machining. www.coltene.com
Use the 'comment' button to join the discussion.