Edited by Dentaltown staff
Townie News Wire: Week of June 1st, 2015
The news of the week includes Heraeus Kulzer, Apollo White Dental, Holid-dent, Zzip USA, Interleukin Genetics, and Lares Research.
1. HERAEUS KULZER LLC in South Bend, Indiana and Amann Girrbach AG in Austria have formed an agreement to cross-license each other’s technology and intellectual properties to design and produce full dentures using digital techniques. Part of the agreement includes the use of Kulzer’s Pala line of teeth in the dentures. No financial details of the arrangement were disclosed. Kulzer is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mitsui Chemicals Group in Japan while Girrbach is privately owned.
2. APOLLO WHITE DENTAL in India launched HOLI-DENT, a new program to attract dental tourists to the firm’s 70+ dental offices throughout the country.www.apollowhitedental.com
The “HOLI-DENT” traveller’s scheme allows a patient to start with their treatment at any of Apollo White Dental’s clinic and continue with their treatment at another clinic location of choice as per their travel itinerary.
3. ZZIP USA in Cherry Hill, New Jersey plans an early summer launch in the US of a new treatment for cold sores that was developed in Switzerland by ZZIP AG. ZZIPUSA is a d.b.a. of GG Advisory LLC.
4. INTERLEUKIN GENETICS INC. in Waltham, Massachusetts is offering a new service called Inherent Health genetic tests that show an individual’s predisposition to numerous health conditions including heart health, bone health, weight management and nutritional needs.
5. LARES RESEARCH in Chico, California announced a June 1, 2015 launch of its new Pastel Prophy Handpiece that is shorter and lighter than other handpieces on the market. Complete product details may be found at www.laresdental.com
Use the 'comment' button to join the discussion.