Edited by Dentaltown staff
Townie News Wire: Week of June 29th, 2015
The news of the week includes American Academy of Periodontology (AAP), Calcivis, Q&A Dental, Breathometer Inc., Miswak Club Limited, and Zendo.
1. As part of its national “Love the Gums You’re With” campaign, the American Academy of Periodontology (AAP) released a new national survey that reveals more than a quarter (27 percent) of U.S. adults admit they lie to their dentist about how often they floss their teeth.
2.CALCIVIS in Scotland raised $7.1 million through a combination of equity and grant funding. The capital will be used to assist the firm to commercialize its Calcivis Caries Activity Imaging System. The company has received the CE Mark for the system in Europe and is preparing to submit data to the US FDA for marketing clearance.
3. Q & M DENTAL GROUP in Singapore paid $3.3 million (US$) to purchase a 60% interest in Smilebay Dental Clinics in Malaysia. SmileBay operates 6 dental clinics in the country.
4. BREATHOMETER INC. in Burlingame, California plans to launch Mint, a new device that plugs into smart phones and measures oral hydration levels and sulfuric compound concentrations as indirect measures of halitosis.
5. MISWAK CLUB LIMITED in Nassau, Bahamas began marketing Miswak Kits that contain toothbrushes made from the Salvadora Persica tree. The product is available through Amazon.com. www.miswakclub.com
6. ZENDO in Switzerland began marketing nickel-titanium endodontic products in the United States. All products are manufactured by Micro Mega in France and distributed online. www.zendo-online.com
Use the 'comment' button to join the discussion.