Edited by Dentaltown staff
Townie News Wire: Week of April 25, 2016
The news of the week includes the Dental Hygiene Hoodlum, Photoral, Aurum Group Ltd., Dentsply Sirona Inc., Cigna Inc. and the Georgia Dental Association.
1. The fugitive of the week in central Ohio is this guy, Sean Patrick Burk; he has been dubbed the 'Dental Hygiene Hoodlum'. This according to This-Week-News-dot-com. He has allegedly taken dozens of boxes of Crest Whitestrips valued at more than $2500 from a number of area stores. If you learn nothing else from this story, Whitestrips must work well.
2. PHOTORAL INC. in Lexington, Massachusetts is accepting both consumer and professional pre-commercialization orders for its PhotOral oral hygiene device. This apparatus emits blue light at a wavelength proven to reduce inflammation and improve periodontal health. The core technology was licensed from the Forsyth Institute in Boston. www.photoral.com
3. AURUM GROUP LTD is now offering clinicians Crystalite Super Translucent Zirconia for a wide variety of prostheses. The firm noted that this Zirconia product is 49% translucent compared to about 30% for similar Zirconia products currently on the market.
4. DENTSPLY SIRONA INC. in York, Pennsylvania is now providing its distributors the new INTEGO Transcendental Treatment Center that utilizes an EasyTouch touch screen controller for the unit and its associated instruments.
5. CIGNA INC. in Bloomfield, Connecticut is now providing its dental insurance clients the capability to compare dentists, co-pays and reviews of dentists. This program is available at www.mycigna.com and is only available to insured by Cigna’s Dental Preferred Provider Organization.
6. Congratulations to the Georgia Dental Association for their new public awareness campaign called: “Because I Saw My Dentist”. They are sharing stories from patients that credit their dentist with a positive impact on their life and they are encouraging citizens to find a permanent dental home.
Use the 'comment' button to join the discussion.