On this episode of the Dental Up Podcast, we welcome to the podcast Dr. Eric Smorch and Dr. Kevin Maeda!
Dr. Eric Smorch grew up in S.E. Michigan, about 30 mins south of downtown Detroit. Family is very important to him, being the 3rd sibling of 4, and having 4 nephews/nieces. He's a diehard sports fan/geek, specifically Detroit teams, and wanted to be professional MLB player as a kid. Having done his Undergrad studies at Grand Valley State University in Grand Rapids, MI 2014-2018, studying biomedical sciences and Spanish, he then finished dental school 2018-2022 at University of Louisville School of Dentistry.
Dr. Kevin Maeda completed his undergrad at Pepperdine, then graduated from the UCLA School of Dentistry. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his family, making it a priority on a daily basis to see his baby nephews and a new baby niece who is on the way. Along with enjoying spending time with his fiancé and her family as well, he also enjoys sports, especially talking fantasy football with Dr. Smorch.
In this episode of the Dental Up Podcast, you will hear about:
- Where each went to school and the process of their senior years preparing for a residency program
- Their process in selecting Loma Linda for their Residency
- Whether or not the doctors ever considered DSO's as an option after graduating
- What the rotations are like, what rotation they're on, and what they've done in the past 3 months
- Where the doctors see themselves in the future
- What the doctors enjoy in their free time
Discover the Dental Up Podcast and subscribe on your favorite listening platforms like Spotify, Apple Podcasts, iHeart Radio, YouTube, and more!
Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-dental-up-podcast/id999909601
This episode is brought to you by Keating Dental Lab, a full service award winning dental lab that is here to add value to your dental practice.
Visit Keatingdentallab.com for details.