Edited by Dentaltown staff
Townie News Wire: Week of May 22, 2017
The news of the week includes MTG Dental Care Services, Parkell Inc., Swift Health Systems, Saudi Arabia, StellaLife Inc. and the United States’ Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
1. MTG Dental Care Services in Minneapolis, Minnesota is developing the MTG Dental Camera. This extremely small Blue-tooth-enabled intraoral camera downloads oral images to a smart phone or tablet. Consumers may then transmit these images to a dentist for professional review.
2. Parkell Inc. in Brentwood, New York began marketing PainFree Dentin desensitizer gel. Product information may be found at www.parkell.com
3. Swift Health Systems in Irvine, California began marketing INBRACE, a new lingual orthodontic system that employs a friction free use memory wire. This new firm has received $6 million in seed funding. www.myinbrace.com
4. Saudi Arabia has 26 dental colleges, of which 8 are private institutions. There are approximately 3000 dentist graduates from these schools every year. In an effort to assure that its own citizens obtain dental jobs, the ministry of Labor & Health will begin a gradual elimination of all non-Saudi dentists practicing in the country.
5. StellaLife Inc. in Glenview, Illinois commercialized the VEGA Oral Care line of products. These include a spray, a gel & rinse to accelerate healing and reduce pain and swelling in the oral cavity. www.stellalifehealing.com
6. The United States’ Federal Trade Commission (FTC) developed a new website designed for small businesses, including dental offices. This instructional site provides information to protect businesses’ computers from cyberattacks and other potential problems.
Use the 'comment' button to join the discussion.