Edited by Dentaltown staff
Townie News Wire: Week of October 12th, 2015
The news of the week includes Designs for Vision, Cocofloss, Dara Biosciences, Ivoclar Vivadent, Pulpdent Corp., Young Dental, Coltene and Georgia the baboon.
1. This is the new Wire Less LED headlight from Designs For Vision. It is completely self-contained so you can integrate it with various platforms of loupes, safety glasses or a lightweight headband.
2. Cocofloss is a new textured dental floss featuring Caribbean-blue filaments, coconut oil coating and three great flavors. This product was designed by Dr Chrystle Cu and her sister Catherine. They are offering a unique subscription option so your patients never run out of floss.
3. DARA BIOSCIENCES INC. in Raleigh, North Carolina is now providing US pharmacies its Oravig treatment for oral thrush in tablet form. This 50 mg tablet of miconazole is formulated to adhere to the mucosa.
4. IVOCLAR VIVADENT AG in Liechtenstein began marketing the OptraGate lip and cheek retractor colored blue and pink for use with children.
5. PULPDENT CORPORATION in Watertown, Massachusetts expanded its Activa BioActive-Restorative products with the addition of Activa Kids. This new ionic restorative resin is especially formulated for pediatric dentistry.
6. YOUNG DENTAL in Earth City, Missouri expanded its prophylaxis product line by introducing Vera Advanced Bright prophy paste that contains baking soda and pumice. In addition, the firm launched SmartSelect Selective Polishing Paste.
7. COLTENE in Switzerland announced an early 2016 launch of Brilliant Crios reinforced composites blocks designed specifically for use on the Sirona Dental System’s CEREC® CAD/CAM system.
Use the 'comment' button to join the discussion.