Edited by Dentaltown staff
Townie News Wire: Week of October 26th, 2015
The news of the week includes Veteran's Smile Day, the University of Groningen, Nanova Biomaterials, Updox, and Whole You, Inc.
1. We have reached that time of year when multiple dental offices are offering candy buyback programs and sending the collected candy to US troops around the world.
2. The organizers of Veteran’s Smile Day are seeking volunteers to expand this annual event to provide dental care to those that served in the US military. The event will be held November 13th and 14th. Contact Dr Irani via email for more details. email@example.com
3. According to multiple sources last week, Dutch researchers at the University of Groningen are working on the creation of a 3-D-printed tooth made of an antimicrobial plastic that kills the type of bacteria responsible for tooth decay. Needless to say, there is much more to be done before this product will be ready for testing inside a human mouth.
4. NANOVA BIOMATERIALS INC. in Columbia, Missouri commercialized NovaPro Flow, a new flowable composite that employs nanofiber technology. www.nanovabio.com
5. UPDOX in Dublin, Ohio released several new software features that integrate with Henry Schein’s Dentrix G5/G6 practice management system – some features include secure email and appointment reminders.
6. WHOLE YOU INC., San Jose, California-based subsidiary of Mitsui Chemicals in Japan, entered the denture market with the CAD/CAM produced Whole You Nexteeth complete denture. In addition, the company launched Whole You Sleep Appliances - Respire Pink Endurance Framework and Respire Pink Micro. www.wholeyou.com
Use the 'comment' button to join the discussion.