Edited by Dentaltown staff
Townie News Wire: Week of December 7th, 2015
The news of the week includes a 7 year study with Associate Professor Wendell Evans, AMD Lasers, Flosstime, the Clear Vue LED bulb, Taub Products, Ultradent Products and Cosmedent.
1. A 7 year study from University of Sydney, led by Associate Professor Wendell Evans, has revealed that tooth dental caries can be stopped, reversed, and prevented without the need for the traditional ‘drill and fill’ intervention. The study revealed that the need for fillings was reduced by 30 to 50 per cent through preventative oral care. One reason for this renewed focus on prevention is the fact that it takes an average of four to eight years for decay to progress from the enamel to dentin.
2. AMD LASERS in Indianapolis, Indiana entered the hard tissue segment of the dental laser market with a new laser system that will complement its Picasso soft tissue lasers. The new hard tissue laser is FDA cleared to perform cavity preparations, bone surgery and a host of soft tissue procedures. The new dental laser is much smaller in size & weight and half the price of some hard tissues lasers on the market.
3. FLOSSTIME INC. in Palo Alto, California raised over $45,000 through the crowd-funding website Kickstarter for its automatic floss dispenser. You can see it at www.flosstime.com
4. This is the Clear Vue LED bulb from the C – A - O group. Sold exclusively through Henry Schein, this bulb is designed to convert your existing halogen operatory light to an LED light with the change of the bulb. https://youtu.be/pT09tg1YDwQ
5. TAUB PRODUCTS in Jersey City, New Jersey began marketing Liquid Magic Resin Barrier for use in implant and cosmetic dentistry procedures. The product provides a resin barrier to protect implant components from cement and facilitate easier clean-up.
6. ULTRADENT PRODUCTS INC. in South Jordan, Utah is now offering the Gemini 810 + 980 soft-tissue diode laser. The system has 19 preset procedures and features an illuminated handpiece. www.ultradent.com
7. COSMEDENT INC. in Chicago, Illinois introduced the FlexiSAW, a short thin finishing product for restorative materials. This autoclavable strip can access both anterior and posterior contacts.
Use the 'comment' button to join the discussion.