Edited by Dentaltown staff
Townie News Wire: Week of February 15, 2016
The news of the week includes Colgate-Palmolive Company, Klox Technologies Inc., Septodont, Fotona USA, Pac-Dent International, AMD Lasers, and Tess Oral Health.
1. COLGATE-PALMOLIVE COMPANY in New York, New York purchased an undisclosed ownership position in Klox Technologies Inc. in Laval, Québec, Canada. Klox is a pharmaceutical company focusing on the development and commercialization of its proprietary BioPhotonic technology platform. This non-invasive, pathology-specific topical treatment platform harnesses the power of light and photo-activated, oxygen-rich gel formulations to target various soft tissue disorders.
2. SEPTODONT in France purchased DLA Pharmaceuticals in Brazil from Dentsply International Inc. DLA manufactures three branded injectable dental anesthetics in this facility. Septodont now owns two manufacturing facilities in Brazil, and one each in France, the US, Canada & India.
3. FOTONA USA in San Clemente, California plans a late February launch of its new ST PRO Lightwalker dental laser. This new Er:YAG system, which will retail for $49,900, performs both soft and hard tissue procedures.
4. PAC-DENT INTERNATIONAL in Brea, California commercialized the Sterile Mini 90 and Sterile Mini Ergo disposable prophy angles. These provide improved access during cleanings.
5. AMD LASERS in Indianapolis, Indiana expanded its Picasso line of dental lasers through the introduction of Picasso+ and Picasso Lite+. Both units include procedure-specific timers along with interval and duration pulsed modes. www.amdlasers.com
6. TESS ORAL HEALTH in Eau Claire, Wisconsin began marketing children’s toothbrushes that attach to surfaces with suction cups. This way of storing the brush keeps the bristles from becoming contaminated.
Use the 'comment' button to join the discussion.