Edited by Dentaltown staff
Townie News Wire: Week of June 27, 2016
The news of the week includes opioids, the American Medical Association, Glare Smile, Hu-Friedy, Shock Doctor and Brasseler.
1. A study recently published in the Journal of the American Medical Association identified 61% of patients ages 14-17 receive prescriptions for opioids following tooth extraction. The US Surgeon General, Vivek Murthy, is concerned because this could be a contributing factor in the national epidemic of opioid abuse.
2. When it comes to toothbrushes, Glare Smile, would like you to believe three heads are better than one. They have recently introduced this new toothbrush through the crowdsourcing website, Kickstarter. No word yet on cost for replacement heads.
3. HU-FRIEDY MANUFACTURING COMPANY LLC in Chicago, Illinois began marketing the Air-Flow Handy 3.0 Premium biofilm removal device. The system is designed to be used with Hu-Friedy’s EMS Air-Flow Perio Powder. www.hufriedy.com
4. SHOCK DOCTOR NORTH AMERICA in Fountain Valley, California formed a partnership with the National Basketball Association in the United States. The NBA will promote the use of mouthguards for basketball players regardless of age. In addition, the firm’s products were also endorsed by the USA Basketball Organization.
5. BRASSELER USA in Savannah, Georgia began marketing the KontrolFlex nickel titanium endodontic file that employs the company’s patented controlled memory technology. More details may be found on their website.
Use the 'comment' button to join the discussion.