On this episode of the Dental Up Podcast, we welcome Dr. Mike Masella! Dr. Mike graduated from UMDNJ (now Rutgers University) dental school in 2005, where he met his wife, oral surgeon Lindsay Scoggins, DMD. They have two young boys, Tyler and Shane. In his spare time, Dr. Mike’s love of sports keeps him busy coaching various sports teams in the community, including 13 years at Caldwell High School. In fact, he says that had he not pursued dentistry, he would have chosen a career of teaching and coaching. Dr. Mike loves working as a dentist in his community, and is also an attending dentist at Mountainside Hospital, where he teaches dental residents the latest dental techniques.
In this episode of the Dental Up Podcast, you will hear about:
- Dr. Mike's first job and experiences once graduate from dental school
- What it was like working with Dr. Lee Frost and other great mentors
- Transitioning into his Uncle's (Dr. Tom's) Practice, then purchasing it
- The evolution of Masella Family Dental—Technology, Philosophy, and Goals
- Working at a Residency and the importance of a great mentor/mentorship
- Advice to early dentists — Main sources of patients and most common restorations
Find out more about Dr. Mike and his practice, Masella Family Dental!
Discover the Dental Up Podcast and subscribe on your favorite listening platforms like Spotify, Apple Podcasts, iHeart Radio, YouTube, and more!
Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-dental-up-podcast/id999909601
This episode is brought to you by Keating Dental Lab, a full service award winning dental lab that is here to add value to your dental practice.
Visit Keatingdentallab.com for details.