Edited by Dentaltown staff
Townie News Wire: Week of August 15, 2016
The news of the week includes Coltene, Dental Development Systems, Triumph Pharmaceuticals, Garrison Dental Solutions and Planmeca.
1. Voters across the country have taken to the internet to vote on the annual Townie Choice Awards. This annual survey identifies the favorite products used by dentists in every category from anesthetic to Zirconia crowns. Prizes are still available.
2. Aligner Therapy is going direct to patients. Smile Direct Club has hired Align Technology, makers of Invisalign, to manufacture clear aligners that will be used in their remote-access business model. Patients can take their own impressions at home and have their case supervised by a remote dentist. The cost for a typical case: $1500.
3. ORGANIZATION FOR SAFETY, ASEPSIS AND PREVENTION (OSAP) released an updated publication titled From Policy to Practice: OSAP’s Guide to the CDC Guidelines.
Visit their website, OSAP.org for details.
4. PARADISE DENTAL TECHNOLOGIES INC. in Missoula, Montana began marketing a new Scalpel Handle with blade ejection technology. This is part of its new line of surgical instruments manufactured in Germany using surgical steel.
5. ORASCOPTIC, Middleton, Wisconsin-based member of the KaVo Kerr Group, commercialized a new adjustable magnification loupe for its EyeZoom line of magnification products.
Use the 'comment' button to join the discussion.