Social Media for Dentists: What Are The Costs?
The costs of social media marketing for any dentist are directly tied to the ROI you receive from social media marketing.
The ROI of social media for your dental practice can be substantial, but so can the effort and costs of properly managing your social media presence.
Whether you have a big budget or a small one, there are several options available to dentists poised to hashtag your way to social media success.
But before we examine the costs of social media marketing for your dental practice, let’s again review what your goals should be, or moreover which goals will deliver you the best return on investment.
4 Goals for Dentists Using Social Media
As we’ve outlined before, here are the primary goals & performance indicators dentists should realize when engaging in social media marketing:
1. Increased new patient acquisition via referrals
2. Enhanced online visibility (take up more parking spaces on the search engine results pages – SERPs)
3. Improved recall & reactivation percentages
4. More online reviews
For any dentist considering – or considering abandoning – social media marketing, it’s necessary to understand that social media is a COMPLEMENTARY marketing avenue.
Meaning, social media marketing should only be undertaken by dentists who already have some of the compulsory items in place.
These mandatory items include but are not limited to:
- A modern practice environment & equipment.
- A kick-ass practice culture – meaning you have a personality, your staff is friendly, & you’re genuinely concerned with delivering first class dentistry, comfort, convenience & payment or financing options.
- An email list of existing patients – preferably segmented into smaller more targeted lists. (recall past 6 mos, reactivations, incomplete treatment plans…etc. A modern, mobile-first dental website.
- An accurate, consistent & expansive local search citation profile. (it does no good for patients to leave you a Yelp review if you don’t even verify & optimize your Yelp business profile).
- A mobile-first website + a regularly published blog + local SEO + email marketing = social media marketing success for dentists.
7 Elements of A Successful Social Media Marketing Plan for Dentists
Surely by this point, you’ve been told that you need to leverage social media for your dental practice, from your consultants, staff, vendors, suppliers, family, and most importantly, your patients.
If you’re still one of those holdout dentists who are new to social media marketing, you probably want to bury your head in the sand every time you hear that sentiment.
For dentists on social media, there are several key elements integral to achieving your goals, including:
1. An objective
2. A feasible plan
3. A strategy that is attached to one of our all four aforementioned goals
4. Effective tactics
5. A willing team
6. A budget
7. A system to define & calculate ROI
OK, so now that you understand the need for an objective and a plan of action that’s easy to implement, how much is this going to cost you?
What Social Media Marketing Costs for Dentists
As with crowns, veneers, implants, orthodontics and other costly dental health treatments, patients have the choice of getting treatment that is of high-quality or getting treatment that is inexpensive.
And so goes the bifurcation of social media marketing for dentists…There is cheap and there is high-quality, and never the two will meet.
We all know that we get what we pay for, so why would you think social media marketing for your dental practice is any different?
Let’s take a look at the true costs of social media marketing for dentists as a first step to defining a reasonable budget and calculating your ongoing costs.
4 Options That Determine The Cost of Social Media Marketing for Dentists