It is crucial to understand where your website traffic is coming from.
In this episode, Tyson talks about the 4 kinds of traffic and why it is
important to use Website Analytics.
What was discussed?
- Quote for the day is: “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” -Og Mandino
- Website Analytics put simply is: tracking the behavior of your visitors to figure out how they ended up on your site.
- 4 kinds of traffic:
- Direct traffic
- Paid Traffic
- Referral Traffic
- Organic Traffic
- Direct traffic is the most common and comes from individual people directly accessing your website (or when your analytics software can't determine who referred you).
- Paid traffic comes from ads you are running on websites, social media, etc. This can also be considered referral traffic.
- Referral traffic comes from sites on which you are referenced.
- Referral traffic can be increased by guest blogging, an example would be writing a guest post on the site www.thebloggingdoctors.com.
- Organic traffic is the traffic that comes from search engines.
- Google Webmasters, or manually running a report and adding a filter, can reveal how a user found your site.
- Submitting your articles to article directory sites do more harm then good.
The Blogging Doctors
Subscribe in iTunes
Listen to more podcast episodes at: http://titanwebagency.com/podcast
Listen to this episode: