We know there is a lot of information (and misinformation) out there about the Coronavirus, officially named COVID-19, and how to handle the HR challenges that it is causing in the workplace. Our goal is to provide you with guidance on how to handle this as an employer — practical solutions for the impact the Coronavirus may have on your business.
Our team of HR Experts and Compliance Attorneys are monitoring resources and solutions each and every day and we will continue to provide updates on their findings to the community at large. We've compiled this information into a live resource page that will continue to be updated with recommendations and insights. You can access this resource page here - https://hubs.ly/H0nvk6W0
Here are some of the questions we’ve already addressed in this resource:
* If an employee is sick, can I send him/her home?
* What if the office needs to close?
* If I close my office and my employees are not working, I can’t afford to pay everyone’s full salaries. Can I pay them a reduced rate?
* What should I do now to be prepared for or to prevent infection at the office?
* What should I do if an employee requests time off because s/he thinks they may have been exposed to the virus or are feeling sick with a fever?
* My employee has a compromised immune system and does not want to work.
* I have an employee returning from travel to an affected area, what should I do?
* Can I make an employee take a two-week leave of absence?
* What about my patients / clients / customers / vendors?
You can also join our free and private Facebook Group called HR Basecamp, where you can ask questions and share with other owners and managers.